Intro

I'm a 22 year old student in the UK studying BA(Hons) Japanese and TESOL.

This year will be my 3rd year and I will be spending it in a Japanese university in the Saitama prefecture called Daitou Bunka Daigaku.

I will be departing the UK on the 6th September 2009 and I will arrive in Japan on the 7th September 2009.

If anyone has been before and could recommend some good places to visit, that would be fabulous!

I hope you will join me on my journey to The Land of the Rising Sun.
There will be many photos in the gallery - a link is provided on the right.


Yuuzuki <3

Monday 8 March 2010

Spring Break Adventures

I've been out and about lately. So haven't gotten much revision or report work done XD

I went to a eikaiwa party in Shibuya. I was kind of nervous, but it wasn't bad.
There were many people of different English levels.
Although there was one guy who had been learning for 30 odd years who asked strange questions which made me feel rather intimidated.

Two weeks ago, I went to Chiba to visit my friend Ayako.
Her house is amazing! It's really old Japanese style.
She compared it first to a o-tera and then to an obake yashiki lol XD
I met her at Narita station and we drove to a park called "boso no mura".
I drank amazake and tried on a kimono!
Afterwards we watched a horror film called Mirrors and ate Gyuudon at her house.
Her mum and sister were really nice! I hope I can visit her house again before I return to the UK.

Last Wednesday Ayako and I went into Wakaba (nearby my town in Saitama).
After having lunch, making Purikura and looking around the shops, we went to BanBan Karaoke.
Even though I can really sing it was so much fun!
They had so many of my favourite songs, even ones from anime.
That would be impossible in the UK!

On Friday, I went on a Tobu line adventure with my flatmate.
We also stopped in Wakaba and made Purikura.
We went as far as Tobu Nerima and had a look in the big mall.
We had to come back quite early though. My cousin wanted to pick me up in Kawagoe at 7pm.

I spent Friday night, Saturday and Sunday at my cousins house in Fussa-shi.
He lives in the American military air base.
I was really surprised, because it was like being in an American town inside the base.
There were so many houses, flats, malls, a gym, cinema, swimming pool and a park inside the base.

My cousin's house was really nice and comfortable.
It had 4 bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, 2 bathrooms and 3 toilets.

He has 2 sons and a daughter. We went to watch his sons play basketball.
Their team lost by 1 point, but they played really well!
There were little blond identical twins playing in the match, who were adorable!

Later that evening we had a BBQ, but it was raining so we had to eat the BBQ inside.
One of the guests was a Japanese lady and her son. I practiced speaking Japanese with her.
I was a little nervous because everyone else was listening too.
I forgot that most the Americans in the base don't speak Japanese - so they wouldn't have been able to understand anyway.
The son spoke very clear Japanese. Unlike a lot of young Japanese males I've listened to.

My cousin let me use his wireless internet. I'm so glad I brought my laptop and NDS!
It was an unsecured network, so I was able to access the Pokemon GTS and download the Shiny Pichu mystery gift. With Shiny Pichu I was able to obtain Spiky Eared Pichu as well!

I came back to Sakado on Sunday and haven't really done anything constructive since.
I've been sleeping too much, playing video games (Pokemon Ranger 3), updating my blogs, uploading photos, listening to music, watching Heroes and various yaoi titles.

oh yeah...the spring weather we had last week has now vanished and it's snowing quite heavily!
WTF XD

No comments:

Post a Comment