Intro

I'm a 22 year old student in the UK studying BA(Hons) Japanese and TESOL.

This year will be my 3rd year and I will be spending it in a Japanese university in the Saitama prefecture called Daitou Bunka Daigaku.

I will be departing the UK on the 6th September 2009 and I will arrive in Japan on the 7th September 2009.

If anyone has been before and could recommend some good places to visit, that would be fabulous!

I hope you will join me on my journey to The Land of the Rising Sun.
There will be many photos in the gallery - a link is provided on the right.


Yuuzuki <3

Sunday 28 March 2010

Tokyo Anime Fair

Tokyo Anime Fair was open for the public last weekend.
I went on the Saturday, because I had to teach a lesson on Sunday.

I got the earliest possible train and arrived at Tokyo Big Sight around 8am.
I queued up for about an hour and a half. They started moving people in around 9:20, because the queue was so big.

The tickets were really cheap - only 800yen if you pre-book or 1000yen on the day.
The cost of getting to and from Tokyo Big Sight stung a bit though!

I expected more stalls selling things like at London Expo, but it was mostly displays and previews. I ended up with a ton of leaflets and postcards that were being given out.
I was really surprised at how small the Pokemon display area was.

There was an ad for the kimi ni todoke NDS game that's coming out soon.
I think I might have to get that!
There was a preview for the new Kuroshitsuji. I'm still excited to watch it, even if they've changed the characters.
Someone was dressed up as the Black Rider in the Durarara!! display area, there were so many people taking photos.

It would have been more fun if they'd allowed cosplay! I think they didn't want people parading the streets of Tokyo in cosplay...freaking people out.

I was glad they allowed photos in most areas, otherwise I wouldn't have a great deal to show for the day :S

No comments:

Post a Comment