Intro

I'm a 22 year old student in the UK studying BA(Hons) Japanese and TESOL.

This year will be my 3rd year and I will be spending it in a Japanese university in the Saitama prefecture called Daitou Bunka Daigaku.

I will be departing the UK on the 6th September 2009 and I will arrive in Japan on the 7th September 2009.

If anyone has been before and could recommend some good places to visit, that would be fabulous!

I hope you will join me on my journey to The Land of the Rising Sun.
There will be many photos in the gallery - a link is provided on the right.


Yuuzuki <3

Monday 3 May 2010

Doll Show

GOLDEN WEEK IS HERE AND THE WEATHER IS 26 degrees C/75 degrees F OF SUMMER-Y GOODNESS!

Yesterday, despite being full of cold and asthma-y nastiness, I went to Hamamatsucho in Tokyo for Dollshow.

I met up with Donnoir and Mizuzu from DOA and we went together.
I'm kind of worse for it now, but I'm still glad I went in the end!

I took some awesome photos, bought some cheap MSD fur wigs (500yen/$5) and a violin for tiny size (I thought it was a bargain at 1000yen/$10).

My digital camera battery decided to die about 5 photos into the show, but I continued taking photos with my Softbank mobile phone.
Some of those mobile phone photos actually came out better than the ones from my digital camera - my digital camera's flash tends to white out doll faces in most light :/

I'm not sure whether I should post the nicer photos on DA or not.
Obviously, they're NOT my dolls, but they ARE my photographs ^^;
I did post them up on Facebook though, so my friends could see my Japan adventuring.

Tomorrow is the Volks Dolpa 23!
I plan to get there early, so I can meet up with people and have a chance to get little Kakeru.

My health isn't really up to it at the moment, but I already bought the guidebook and I think I would kick myself for missing the chance to go while I'm here.

So I will bring my inhalers and cold medicine and try to make the best out of the event while I'm here!

Being ill does come with a slight advantage...no appetite = 3 inches off my waist XD

No comments:

Post a Comment